Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Lets talk strategy


So I know it’s still a little early, only being one week into the preseason, but I want to start talking about fantasy football draft strategy. Now myself, I hate doing a draft this early, there are so many injuries that can happen and you don’t even know who is starting at Quarterback for like 5 teams. But sometime drafts need to be done earlier so you can fit everyone’s schedule. First part of any draft strategy is usually deciding where you would like to pick. Everyone is different here, some people like being first and waiting a long time for their second pick to come around, whereas others would rather be in the middle and not have to wait as long for their next pick. Me, I like being up front, but if I don’t get one of the top three picks I would much rather be at the end then in the middle. Now as for what players to look for, I basically go one of two ways based on who is available. My first strategy is to grad two running backs with my first two picks, I like to do this because there is a major drop off in points between the top 10 running back and the top 25 running backs, and if you wait to pick up your second running back until later on you are looking to get a top 25 guy at best. The only way I will ever run off the two RB strategy is if I don’t really like any of the RBs at that 2nd round pick and I want to go for a top quarterback.  I feel there is a very big drop of in talent between the top 5 QBs and those after them, so I always try and get one of the early, I guy like Aaron Rodgers, Tom Brady, Peyton Manning, Drew Brees, or Michael Vick. After that I just really draft where I see value, the only other rules I follow are I always wait until really late, like usually my last two picks to draft a defense and a kicker. Some kickers might look sweet like the ones in the video below, but don't waste an early pick on them.
 

1 comment:

  1. I really want to join a fantasy league but I dont know how to get started. Someone told me to use yahoo but I dont know what to do. Can you help!

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete