Sunday, August 28, 2011

Cuff em!


How important are handcuffs? Now I’m not talking about the cuffs that they are putting on Plaxico when they were reading him his Miranda Rights. In fantasy football a handcuff is when you draft or pick up a players back-up as an insurance policy just in case that player gets hurt. This is usually only done with running backs because they are the workhorses and they are the most likely to get hurt. Now how important is it to handcuff you running back? Well that all depends on the situation. If you draft a running back that has a history of getting hurt or already has a small injury then it might not be a bad idea to use one of your last round picks on his back up. If the player isn’t injury prone then I don’t think it’s a big deal. The situation that I would never try and pick up a handcuff is when a running back is splitting carries, like grabbing Brandon Jacobs if you drafted Ahmad Bradshaw, the pick you would need to use to grab Jacobs is too low to make it worth it. But I’m not a big fan of using my picks to grab back-up players. I would much rather use my pick on sleepers that have a better chance of breaking out then a backup who may never see the field.

No comments:

Post a Comment